Are you looking to gain “real-life” experience in the dynamic fields of marketing, public relations, social media, graphic design, and communications? The growing nonprofit sector is a great place to start. The Marketing and Communications Intern at The Austin Project will work on specific projects to ensure exceptional communication between TAP and its constituency, including local media, donors, and partnering organizations. The intern will help represent TAP at special events and will learn effective marketing strategies from conception to execution.
- The intern should possess a strong interest in working with a progressive non-profit focused on community grassroots initiatives that strengthen families, improve education, and promote early literacy.
- The candidate will have desktop publishing experience and knowledge of social media.
- Applicants must possess excellent proofreading, research, and interpersonal communication skills, and be comfortable interacting with adults.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- An organized, creative thinker with a team player attitude is the ideal candidate for this internship.
- Photographic and videographic skills considered a plus.
- Assist the Community Development Associate in the development, design, and execution of marketing and communication initiatives. A main project will be determined prior to the start of the internship based on the intern’s interests and TAP’s current needs.
- Develop and implement marketing materials for TAP with an emphasis on social media development.
- Assist in marketing for TAP utilizing press releases, brochures, email distributions, and other modes of promotion.
- Draft content for websites, e-newsletters, and other media outlets.
Suggested time commitment is 8-10 hours a week, but agency is flexible in total number of hours/days worked. The time commitment may vary depending on deadlines and responsibilities.
This internship opportunity is an unpaid position which may qualify for academic credit at your institution. Interested applicants should contact donna[at]theaustinproject[dot]org.
For other internship opportunities, please contact TAP: