Employment opportunities with TAP, when available, will be posted here. For further information, please contact us.
Part-time Social Worker, Family Resource Center, Martin Middle School
Scope: The part-time Social Worker position for the Martin Middle School Family Resource Center (FRC) will provide screening and strength-based case management for families experiencing crisis or personal challenge related to basic needs or a critical family matter. The Family Resource Center (FRC) Social Workers will work as part of a small team consisting of the FRC director, a parent support specialist, the school dropout prevention specialist, and other FRC staff, volunteers and support organizations. This position will have an office in the Martin Middle School Family Resource Center, located at Martin Middle School, Portable # 6, 1601 Haskell, Austin, TX 78702.
The Family Resource Center Social Worker position is part of The Family Resource Center Development Project (FRCDP) managed by The Austin Project and community partners. The development of the Martin FRC and other middle school-based FRCs, is being funded in part by a grant to The Austin Project from the Austin Independent School District. The FRCDP currently supports the development of emerging FRCs in Central East, and Southeast Austin. The Martin FRC seeks to bring together resources to support and provide leadership opportunities for families, including social and health services, advocacy and adult education and parent leadership training.
- Provide support for families referred or self-referred to the FRC.
- Serve as a member of the FRC team and school staff who provide youth and family interventions when necessary
- Assess needs and coordinate strength-based case-management for families requiring guidance/intervention support.
- Work with the FRC team (Director, social work interns, paid and volunteer staff, and other support organizations) to plan and execute school events that provide resources for families.
- Manage client documentation in compliance with FERPA /HIPAA, state and federal regulations.
- Complete all required client documentation according to protocol and maintain complete and accurate records of client contact and services provided.
- Participate with the school “Child Study Team” to assist with potential client referrals to the FRC and to collaborate with school counselors, teachers and other school staff to support youth and family needs.
- Participate in trainings for FRC staff and volunteers as required.
- Research family support resources that can be leveraged by the FRC staff working collaboratively.
- Provide services to families in a culturally respectful and sensitive manner.
- Maintain licensing requirements and/or continuing education in the social work field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work from an accredited college or university required; Licensed Masters Social Work preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
- Two years of experience with case management for low income, minority populations. Experience with local community organizations and AISD middle school campuses preferred.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals, both individually as well as part of a team.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively case manage support services with and for families.
- Must be able to respond quickly to communication, and be an effective communicator with clients, staff, volunteers, and community members/partners.
- Effective written communication, able to produce reports and evaluation documents.
- Ability to initiate projects and work without close supervision.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and/or other database Software Programs.
- Must be capable of providing technological solutions to daily program implementation needs, i.e., program communication, data and reports. Must be bondable, well organized, detail oriented and possess good writing skills.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record background test.
Special Conditions: This is a grant-funded position; continuation beyond June 2014 is contingent on funding.
This position may become full time with additional funding support.
Hours: This position is a non-exempt position. The employee will be expected to work 20 hours per week and be available evenings and/or occasional weekends (infrequent), as needed.
How to apply:
Please email your résumé, letter of interest and a list of three references. Please indicate the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Email address: email@example.com
Address application to: Search Committee for Family Resource Center Social Worker. The Austin Project, 5221 Ledesma Rd., Austin, TX 78721
About The Austin Project: The Austin Project is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, founded in 1991 to act as a catalyst in collaboration with other community organizations to improve the lives of children, youth, and families. TAP supports efforts that strengthens families, improves education, and promotes early literacy.
The Austin Project is an equal opportunity employer.